The lives and adventures of Jim, Gina, Jonathan, and Joseph

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Grandma Nancy's birthday

Sorry it's been awhile since our last post. I intend to write once a week, but "the best laid plans of mice and men ..." The good news is I'm writing this from my office/laundry room. The bad news is the new floor has scratched pretty badly already, sigh. Well, it still looks better than it did. Our next project is the downstairs bathroom, we are putting in a tiled shower. It'll look great, but should be an interesting experience: )

Last week the boys and I went to Rock Valley to celebrate my Grandma Nancy's 90th birthday. Not be confused with "Regular" Grandma Nancy whose birthday is in May and is not near 90! We had a very nice time, the boys got to play with their cousin Garrett and I got to catch up with MY cousins and siblings. Jim stayed home to get some homework done.

Grandma Nancy, my mom, Mom's sister, and three of her four brothers.

Grandma Nancy and some of her grandchildren, their spouses and her great grandchildren.
Joey really enjoyed his cake!
Not much else to report for the last week and a half. Grandma Minerva spent the night Friday night and we got a couple little projects done. Man, I wish I had her drive!
Joey is very excited about his upcoming birthday. I can't believe he is going to be four!
Jon celebrated his "100th Day of School" on Tuesday, a big deal anymore. They all had to bring 100 small items, he brought black beans. They did 100 exercises, 10 jumping jacks, 10 push ups, and so on and read 100 words. They also had to bring 100 small food items for the 100 day soup, he brought jelly beans. We labeled the bags so no one would confuse the dry black beans for the jelly beans!
We're going over to some friends to watch the Super Bowl. I hope the commercials are good, oh and the game too.

No comments: