It is very good for our marriage for Jim to go away once in a while. For one thing, I am much more of a homebody than he is. I think Jim could happily travel every other weekend. I enjoy traveling but not quite as much. Also, Jim and I often joke that I am the general manager of Team Zuercher. And secretly, I often think I do most everything around here. Then Jim goes away and within 12 hours I am reminded about how much he does, how good he is with the guys, and how much I like that guy. Plus, I had to make my own coffee this morning, my coffee is not good.
Jim just called back. Sounds like they had a great time . They paddled 90 miles in 3 days and Jim says his shoulder feel it! He'll be home later than expected. He did not take our new camera but his friend Jarrett should have some pictures.
Speaking of pictures
I had a really nice Mother's Day. The guys each wrote me
a card. Jon's said I was as pretty as a pony, I've decided
it was a compliment. After church, Nancy went with us to
my mom's house. We had a lot of fun with all the family.
a card. Jon's said I was as pretty as a pony, I've decided
it was a compliment. After church, Nancy went with us to
my mom's house. We had a lot of fun with all the family.
Yesterday was the last day of soccer. To tell the truth, I'm a bit relieved.
It was fun, but coaching is not my cup of tea.
Joey enjoyed practice, but wasn't crazy about the games.
He was very photogenic though!
We have fewer pictures of Jon since I was busy coaching.
It was amazing to see how much the team grew over the year.
U8 teams don't have goalies, but Jon enjoyed being sweeper, basically
a goalie who can move around, but can't use their hands.
Honestly, I don't think they have ever been quite that bad.
I lost my voice for three day so Jim had to coach practice that week.
Joey had his last preschool program last Tuesday.
His last day of school was Friday.
1 comment:
I couldn't agree more about the husbands being gone thing. They do a lot more than we give them credit for.
I hope you guys have a fun summer and we'll see you some.
Post a Comment